Podcasts are an increasingly important part of the media/learning world.
- 90M people listened to a podcast in the last month up more than 50% in the past 3 years
- The proportion of Americans listening weekly to podcasts grew from 7% in 2013 to 22% in 2019 (62M).
- People who listen to podcasts weekly listen to more than 6 hours a week
- Listeners are generally educated (30% have degrees), younger (44% millennials) and better paid (over half make more than $US75,000)
There are now over 700,000 podcasts available (up from 500,000 a couple of years ago). The median podcast only has 124 downloads per episode but the top 1% has 35K downloads per episode.
The Breakthrough Company has decided to enter the podcast industry and armed with 700,001st mover advantage we aim to disrupt the industry.
You might well ask why we’re entering this space when it’s going to be so hard to compete with the 7000 that have an average download of 35,000 per episode.
Because we’re not seeking to be in the top 1%. We’re aiming to be in the top 10%, with an average of 1100 downloads.
We need your help and it’s pretty easy.
Please subscribe to our “Business Leader Breakthroughs” podcast. You’ll find it on your favourite podcast directory links here:
We’d be really grateful if you could forward it to people you know who might be interested in our ideas about:
- Becoming better managers and leaders
- Personal development and growth
- Keeping personal and professional life in balance
- New thinking about business
In business, you don’t have to be the best, just better than your competitors. You do have to be visible in the places your prospects hang out. You do have to give new things a go. You’ve got to adopt what’s trending to stay relevant, but you also have to adapt the trend to remain authentic.
Ryan and I have developed our unique voice in our podcasts. It has its origins in the vlogs we sent home from our US tour last year which Ryan’s kids thought were pretty funny (though not in the places we thought were funny). Some of them will be more structured than others, and we’ll have a guest occasionally, but above all else we want to share how we’re thinking about our world in the hope that you get an insight, big or small, that makes your life as a business leader better.
We’d love to hear from you about our podcast, topics you’d like us to discuss or anything else.